Oh, so you’re a big spender, eh? Well, congratulations on whatever fortune brought you to this station in life where you’d deliberately seek out the priciest Marvel memorabilia to obtain. If nothing else, it shows your dedication in proving that you’re among Marvel Comics’ biggest, truest fans.
This year marks the 80th anniversary of Marvel’s origins, starting in 1939 as “Timely Comics.” Founded by publisher Martin Goodman, they published the original “Marvel Comics” issue #1 in October of 1939; the issue featured Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner, the Human Torch, and the Angel. The company turned into Atlas Comics in the 1950s, before adopting the label Marvel Comics in 1961.
That year saw “The Fantastic Four” #1, and by that time both Stan Lee and Jack Kirby were on board. Both Lee and Kirby had the inspiration to move superhero comics out of the kiddies’ ghetto and having them appeal to more adult tastes. Their stories and characters were more humanized and down-to-earth, representing the spirit of the times in the thick of the Cold War. Their naturalistic approach was revolutionary, showing heroes could be flawed misfits with a sometimes less-than-heroic attitude and still be heroes.
The Marvel formula has since spawned our incredible panoply of larger-than-life heroes we know today: Spider-Man, Hulk, Daredevil, X-Men, Doctor Strange, Captain America, the Punisher, Iron Man, Deadpool, and the Silver Surfer, among too many more to count. The wild leaps of imagination and deep stories resonated with audiences throughout the 20th century, cementing Marvel’s place as one of the most influential myth-makers of Western culture.
Marvel’s interwoven universe would extend into TV series, games, toys, theme park attractions, and of course film. Even if you never read a Marvel comic in your life (and if you didn’t, seriously, how did that happen?), you still know the iconic characters of Marvel from other media.
So it’s quite fitting that some of the merch under the Marvel name would get quite pricey. Marvel fans number into the millions worldwide, and include nobody less than at least one American president – Barrack Obama, who is a Spidey fan since childhood, and whose public comment on same led him to be featured in a Spider-Man comic by Marvel, full circle.
Comicave Studios Marvel Iron Man Mark XLIV (44) Hulkbuster Collectible Figure
- The main suit featured in Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron, the Hulkbuster armor can be deployed from orbit, forming a protective shell around the Mark 43
- The 1/12 Scale Hulkbuster is a 75% die-cast metal, fully articulated figurine with articulated systems and mechanisms throughout its suit
- At approximately 11" tall, the armor features over 60 points of articulation, and LED lights in various parts of the suit, including eyes, chest Arc Reactor, palms, back, knees, calves, and soles
- The Mark XLIV Hulkbuster figure contains showroom quality gloss and matte metallic paints with protective coating
- A spring-loaded mechanical chest reveals the Iron Man Mark 43 base armor which features its own LED lighted eyes and chest Arc Reactor
When you swing at the Hulk, you’d best not miss! Tony Stark has the unique advantage of being able to reinvent himself whenever he wants, simply by welding together a new suit custom-made to withstand any challenge thrown at him. The Hulkbuster model is represented here in an eleven-inch showroom-quality figure that’s fully poseable and has light-up LEDs. This is certain to be the centerpiece of any collectible figure collection.
Marvel Stan Lee 1:6 Scale Collectible Figure
$1,207.99 in stock
- He is the creator of numerous superheroes. He has brought joy and excitement to comic book readers all around the world. In various superhero movies over the years, his cameos have lightened up the scenes and sometimes surprised movie-goers. Hot Toys presents the sixth scale collectible figure of this living legend: Stan Lee!
- Figure stands approximately 12-inches tall.
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable hands including: One (1) pair of relaxed hands, One (1) pair of gesturing hands, One (1) pair of hands for holding accessories, and One (1) pointing right hand.
- The figure includes a finely tailored outfit, and numerous accessories, including a pen, watch, glasses and sunglasses.
- Figure comes complete with a director's chair printed with Stan Lee's signature and a display base printed with Stan Lee's signature and Stan Lee nameplate.
What can you say about the Legend Himself? The late Stan Lee passed just recently, and we’re at a loss to talk about him even now. Far from letting success go to his head, Stan Lee had the sense of humor to appear in cameos in not just Marvel movies but in comedies by Kevin Smith, among others. He was a big-hearted creator, giving the fans more of what they wanted and always being up for a comic-con appearance. This figure, with director’s chair, is a homage to the creator who accomplished more in one lifetime than some whole studios out there.
Funko Pop! SDCC 2013 Exclusive - Vinyl Figure - DEADPOOL (Metallic - 4.5 inch)
- FUNKO did it again
- Perfect for your desk or shelf
- Collect them all
Now you didn’t expect to find a Funko Pop figure in this list, did you? But that’s the unexpected you should come to expect when you deal with DEADPOOL, the Regenerating Degenerate, the Crimson Comedian, and the Merc with the Mouth! You may be wondering why my figure is one of the most expensive Funko Pops to collect, that’s because this is the METALLIC version. I’m in my funky red suit so my enemies can’t see me bleed and also so the occasional groupie confuses me with Santa. If this price hits you in the wallet, I’m sorry. I usually aim for the crotch.
Sideshow Collectibles Marvel Thanos on Throne Maquette Statue 300434
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0747720231634|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 2150; Length: 1350; Width: 1800|
|Manufacturer Minimum Age||180|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 2500; Length: 2800; Weight: 19000; Width: 2600|
|Product Type Name||TOYS_AND_GAMES|
|Title||Sideshow Collectibles Marvel Thanos on Throne Maquette Statue 300434|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 747720231634|
This statue speaks for itself, but we have to write something here anyway. Thanos is well-represented here as the larger-than-life figure he is, seated on his throne and beckoning with his gauntlet-clad hand. Yes of course the stones light up. If you get this behemoth, we hope you have a mansion suitable to house his majesty, because this isn’t one of those figures you just cram into the end of your bookshelf.
Sideshow X-Men VS Sentinel - Cyclops and Colossus - Polystone Diorama by Collectibles
- The Holly Grail of Sideshow Statues
- Very rare limited edition
- Low number 0184 of 1250
- Never displayed
- X-Men VS Sentinel 01 - Cyclops and Colossus
This one is just a very rare diorama depicting the match-up of Cyclops and Colossus, from the X-Men vs. Sentinel series. The Sentinels, as we all know (or should know) are the robotic mutant-hunters of the X-Men. This diorama has Colossus holding aloft a sentinel head, and Cyclops in a dramatic pose with a hammy face. It’s an exotic piece even among die-hard Marvel fans!
HCG Hollywood Collectibles Marvel vs Capcom 3: Wolverine vs Ryu Epic 1:3 Scale Statues 500 Pieces Worldwide !!!
- WOLVERINE - Commonly known as Logan, Wolverine is a mutant with enhanced physical capabilities, allowing him to recover from virtually any wound, disease, or toxin. This powerful healing factor enabled him to survive having the virtually indestructible alloy Adamantium bonded to his bones in the Weapon X program.
- RYU - As the champion of the first Street Fighter tournament, defeating the Muay Thai king Sagat, Ryu is known as one of the most dedicated fighters. Since his victory Ryu has traveled the globe, participating in subsequent tournaments and continuing his quest to perfect his training.
- Ryu stands an impressive 26" tall, and Wolverine 21", both have similar MvC3 themed bases for display together. The Wolverine statue aslo features metal claws!
- These Museum quality pieces are constructed from heavyweight polystone and then hand painted to the finest detail.
The popular fighting game series Marvel vs. Capcom is certainly an unlikely crossover, but has been an enduring success arcades and consoles around the world. So these figures bring together Wolverine and Ryu, certainly the poster boys for either franchise. Considering Wolverine is absolutely everywhere, we’re surprised this is one of the first times we’ve mentioned him on this blog.