Programmer Tools & Toys For 1337 H4X0Rz
The word “hacker” has been through a dramatic number of paradigm shifts throughout the few decades of the advent of computing. Its definition has been the subject of flame wars. It’s been romanticized, vilified, redeemed, and redefined.
Originally “hacker” merely meant “somebody who’s good at working with computers.” That’s really all there is to it, according to such sources as the original Jargon File and the culture around early programming as early as the 1970s. But over time, the term drifted into more shady territory. Part of this was by association with the slang term “hack,” for a writer who worked in low-level positions.
Over time, “hacker” came to mean first somebody using clever tricks to circumnavigate bureaucracy and middle management to get work done – a kind of “chaotic good” spirit. Then by the 1980s, suddenly the mainstream media got hold of the word “hacker” and took it to mean a cyber-criminal, somebody who broke into computer systems.
For the longest time, “true hackers” rebelled against this meaning, trying to hang onto their proud cultural identity and defining cyber-criminals as “crackers,” by allusion with a safe-cracker. To this day, there’s still confusion about these terms. Movies like 1995’s Hackers were no help at all. BTW, real computer experts prefer the 1992 film Sneakers, both for its better cast and far more realistic portrayal of the high-tech security industry.
Modern computer techies differentiate based on context, but for talking about matters of computer security, we say “white hat hacker” for a professional cyber-security expert, and “black hat hacker” for a cyber-thief whose specialty is in circumventing that security, with “gray hat” meaning somebody who wanders the line. Isn’t that silly?
Regardless, the hacker is a mythologized archetype in Western culture, right up there with the cowboy, the pirate, and the private eye. We won’t ask what color hat you wear (who’s to say what’s hanging in the closet?), but the items in this list are likely to be interesting to hackers of any color hat.
lepin Encrypted Flash Drive, Secure Key 32 GB 256-bit AES XTS Hardware Encrypted The Advanced New Version(Black)
|Binding||Wireless Phone Accessory|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 0625317264749|
|Item Dimensions||Height: 315; Length: 99; Weight: 12; Width: 33|
|Legal Disclaimer||Please recognize lepin flash drive. DO NOT BUY THE FAKE PRODUCT.|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 110; Length: 429; Weight: 21; Width: 220|
|Product Group||Personal Computer|
|Product Type Name||COMPUTER_COMPONENT|
|Title||lepin Encrypted Flash Drive, Secure Key 32 GB 256-bit AES XTS Hardware Encrypted The Advanced New Version(Black)|
|UPC List||UPC List Element: 625317264749|
The latest thing in secure data storage, this is a military-grade full-disk encryption drive, connectible with USB 2.0 and USB-C. It has a roomy 32 gigs of storage space, and requires a PIN number to access. Since it needs no software drivers, having all the internals built-in, it’s compatible with MS, Mac, and Linux – and basically anything USB itself is compatible with. Top grade secure storage!
Developer Stickers from ByteSwag - Perfect Gift for Software Developers, Engineers, Hackers, Programmers, Geeks, and Coders.
- DEVELOPER STICKERS - Including 100 stickers of your favorite dev tools and libraries. Angular, React, Redux, Android, SASS, Webpack, Handelbar, Grunt, Redux, NPM, Bitcoin, Karma, V8, Python, Mocha, Babel, NodeJs, MongoDB, C Sharp, Eslint, Ruby, Git, Gulp, Swift, Stackoverflow, Express, Github Octocat, Nginx, Jade, Coffee Script, Yeoman, Java, Docker, Vim, Jenkins, Vue, Postgres.
- Exclusive byteSwag designed stickers.
- AII Stickers are 100% NEW PVC and UNIQUE with Sun Protection and Waterproof. Sticker sizes vary from: 2 to 5 inches.
- AWESOME gift idea for developers, friends, and DIY lovers.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEED - No questions asked.
This is just a pack of stickers with logos for various software, platforms, languages, and such. But it’s surprisingly useful in the server room, where it helps to differentiate the different devices. When it’s all a pile of identical black boxes, you can track which one’s the database server. In between that, you can also decorate your laptop with stickers to let everybody at Starbucks know you’re a Vim ninja (and feel superior because they use Emacs – kidding! Just kidding!)
Tux - The Linux Penguin Official Open Source Mascot
- made of stone resin
- Measures 5" x 5"
- The official mascot of Linux software
If you even read this far, you expected to find Tux here. Tux the Linux penguin (and namesake of your humble author “Penguin” Pete – waves hi) is the mascot that unified the Free and Open Source Software world, for the most part. One might want to find a Free Software Foundation GNU doll to snuggle up to Mr. Tux too, of course. No hacker den is complete without a Tux hanging out on the bookshelf!
KEYESTUDIO Uno Starter Kit for Arduino, Perfect STEM Educational Gifts
out of stock
- This KEYESTUDIO open source hardware kit is a great way to get started with Arduino, coding and electronics!
- Includes a selection of the most common and useful electronic components（154 pieces）, such a uno r3 micro-controller, a breadboard, a servo motor, a lot sensors, leds, resistors, etc
- We provide 32 great examples(on CD and book), projects you can build: TRAFFIC LIGHTS(leds); WHO WILL ANSWER FIRST(Button + Buzzer + LED), SING WITH ME(Passive buzzer); FIRE, RUN!(Flame Sensor+ Buzzer); Magic Light Cup(Tilt Switch+LED) and more
- When you have completed the projects included in the kit, you can reconfigure projects in new ways to give it additional abilities or make it perform new tasks with coding
- The components are made from green material and technology(FCC and CE), and it does not require a soldering iron, all things are done on a breadboard, must be a really safe teaching /learning kitfor adults and kids
Even get an Arduino, or other related mini-computer like a Raspberry Pi, and wonder “what accessories do I get for it?” People unhelpfully tell you to go to Radio Shack, but Radio Shack clerks spit venom at you if you walk in there radiating hacker vibes – they’ve been that way since Tandy went under, which is why they’re going out of business (seriously they alienated their only market). You could run around trying to assemble the sensors, LEDs, and resistors out of piecemeal, or you can order this handy-dandy bag of stuff with the breadboard and everything. It’s like a 1980s-era Radio Shack in a bag!
Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hub with 7 USB 3.0 Ports and 3 PowerIQ Charging Ports for MacBook, Mac Pro/Mini, iMac, XPS, Surface Pro, iPhone 7, 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Series, Mobile HDD, and More
$42.99 in stock
2 used from $32.24
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Ultra Fast: 7 ports offer high-speed data transfer of up to 5Gbps. Get synced up in no time.
- Advanced Charging Technology: 3 ports equipped with Anker-exclusive PowerIQ deliver the fastest possible charge of up to 2.1 amps per port.
- Compact Power: 60W packed into a device the size of a pen case. Simultaneously charge multiple devices while conserving space.
- What You Get: Anker 60W 10-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub, 12V / 5A AC power adapter, 2.6ft. USB 3.0 cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
One hang-up of our modern gadget era is that you never have enough ports for everything. You need to recharge your vape but your friend has his Kindle plugged in there. Isn’t this ridiculous? This handy data hub has seven data ports and three charging ports combined. It’s a place for all your stuff, an underappreciated utility in a world where you’re surprised your coffee mug doesn’t have a USB frob to plug in. Yet.
BAGSMART Electronic Organizer Travel Universal Cable Organizer Electronics Accessories Cases for Cable, Charger, Phone, USB, SD Card, Grey
- Construction of heavy-duty, durable and water repellent nylon molded case with elegant design protects your item from scratches, dust and accidental dropping
- Dimensions: [Outer] 6.3 x 9.5 x 1 inches. [Inner] 6.1 x 8.5 x 0.8 inches, easily fit into any backpack or handbags
- Lightweight and durable hard case. Easy to carry, great partner for your hard drive at travel or in the office
- Versatile electronics accessories organizer specifically designed for well organized people; Multiple pockets of various sizes provide great flexibility for organizing your accessories
- Great Organizer for Office Use and Traveling, and Keep Your Important Devices in Reach.(No include cords, electronic accessories)
Speaking of places to put your stuff, this case is a sanity-saver. If you work in repair, support, or general gadgetry and need to lug a lot of cables, connectors, chargers, tools, and parts around, this is the case built just for you. Let’s be honest, where are your charger cables right now? Probably all tangled up in a box somewhere, aren’t they?